PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade 3.6.2 trouble anyone?

kubotaman
07-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I was cutting as usual today, then upgraded to the newest version 3.6.2. After the upgrade I would set home as earlier and the spindle would not find home after setting the coordinates. I tried more times than I should have and it would always go to the wrong spot. Remember I am cutting the exact same file. I let it cut even when at the wrong "home" and it would cut but at a much smaller radius as the original file cut with the earlier version. I reloaded the earlier version, removing the update and the spindle cut perfect! I have a PRSAlpha. Any help out there?

kubotaman
07-04-2009, 12:49 AM
I made a mistake on the update version I installed. It was version 3.6.3. I have two computers and I looked at the incorrect one

dlcw
07-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Daryl,

I have been having several problems with 3.6.3. Custom file commands take anywhere from 2 to 4 attempts to get the file to actually run. I've had several drill bits broken in my SB Air Drill to find out there are fixes to the Drill Offset.sbp file that haven't been posted anywhere, I can find, on the SB website. I also am at the point where I figure I have a 50/50 chance of a successful/disaster cut of materials.

Gary Campbell suggested going back to version 3.5.18 or 3.5.20 - if you don't use ShopBot Link. He has found these versions to be very stable and reliable. For ShopBot Link users, you need to be on 3.6.3. Catch 22......

Don
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
www.diamondlakewoodworks.com (http://www.diamondlakewoodworks.com)

kubotaman
07-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Don, I re-installed 3.5.2 and all my problems have disapperaed! If ShopBot is having problems with their latest update they ought to have at least information as to how to correct the problem! Look at the other complaint in "messages" that have been posted!!!

Gary Campbell
07-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Don...
Please don't take my one word answer to the "what is the last SAFE version" in another post as a suggestion to revert back to an earlier version.

I have long been a proponent of using the "beta" versions by all that can. We all seem to "want" more features, we often make suggestions to enhance the software to benefit ourselves, but please realize that the real price for these enhancements, and the free SB3 software, is committing the time to help the process by using and reporting apparent "bugs". That means qualified reporting, as in sending files and settings to SB TSupt, as has been asked for often by SB, instead of posting them without a verification method on the forum.

SB can only test on a few computers, and on a very limited number of machines. These are usually the newest of models, sitting in a "sterile" environment with staff making sure that everything is working at all times. Very little dust, optimum power, etc... you get the picture. WE ShopBotters are the FIELD testers. They need real world info.

I was amazed at our user group in Feb., when I showed, in person, on my machine, a few problems that I had reported in previous weeks/months by email, get "fixed" in minutes once they were repeatable.
Gary

harryball
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Loaded 3.6.3 this morning and almost everything seems fine.

Has anyone else had problems with 3.6.3 missing key strokes? I hit MZ and start typing to find out it missed the M. I hit C7 to clean my table and I get the 7, C3 = 3 etc...

/RB

Gary Campbell
07-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Robert...
I can remember reporting that issue back to 3.6.1beta 16...18 last fall sometime, but apparently no one at SB could replicate it. It seems as SB3 "loses focus"
Gary

dlcw
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Robert,

I have the same problem with typing a command to find out it didn't take. Sometimes I might have to try 3 or 4 times to get it to take the command.

As a possible troubleshooting issue for ShopBot Tech Support, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether I'm using a hardwired keyboard or a wireless keyboard. Same results. It does seem to be an intermittent problem though.

Don
www.diamondlakewoodworks.com (http://www.diamondlakewoodworks.com)