View Full Version : New vac table and other stuff for "new" bot

chipster
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
As I've mentioned previously, I've been rebuilding, tweaking, modifying, and learning from my "new" bot. This is "his" fourth home.

This is a 96 x 60 (someone actually cut it down from a longer size!) 2001 PRT standard, now operating with a 4G controler. I've gone through it with a fine toothed comb, and in addition to the controler, I changed pinions, built the vac table and associated plumbing and added rail wipers.

The two Feins found a home in plywood boxes and fit comfortably under "Max". Thanks to Ed Lang for that idea. As long as I am thanking people, and because the list is so very long, I'd just like to thank this terrific community, and of course Shopbot, for all your help. Without you all, I would have remained bot-less. I even received a house call from Don Kerschner who helped me greatly.

Oh, in case anyone noticed, yes I put a cover on that electrical box controlling the 2 Feins - after I took the picture.

Like a proud Papa, I just wanted to share, and also to thank you for your help!

ed_lang
10-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Your machines looks good!

We all are waiting to see the great things you cut with it.

Ed

chipster
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks Ed.

I'm looking forward to the "great" things too. I have one very large sign order (45 pieces total) coming soon, and possibly one additional order behind that. The sign job is just the cutting part. The customer wants to paint them, and I'm okay with that! I'm not complaining since these jobs pay, but they don't allow much play time. However, beggers can't be picky!

john_hartman
10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey Chip-

I see how did things now. Looks well thought out...

chipster
10-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks John. I found the panel lift that you designed and that you told me about during the camp. Nice job! I need to add that to the ever-growing list!