PDA

View Full Version : Circle command

carol
02-10-2001, 10:31 PM
The instructions in the command manuel are obtuse to me concerning the circle command. I have tried so many variations, my head is swimming and I still don't understand the best way to this.

I want to send the bit to the center of a hole to be cut. The bit is 1/4". The depth of cut from the surface is .38, The diameter is 2". And I would like the circle to overtravel 360° to smooth out the entry point. I think the command is "CP,2,I,8,8,1," to cut a 2 in hole at 8,8. Where does the command to lower the bit and raise it later come in and can I specify a circle from 0° to 370° to get it to around once plus 10° more? What is the simplest way to do this?

Or am I over complicating a simple command? Complicated by the fact I have a heavy deadline.

Please help, guys.

srwtlc
02-11-2001, 12:22 AM
Hi,

I was just working with this same command yesterday. I needed a 2-13/16" circle (inside dia.) and a 1-15/16" circle (outside dia.) both with the same centerpoint giving me a 7/16' circular recess 1/8" deep with a 3/8" bit. I'm a new botter and it took me awhile to get it to do what I wanted, but I finally got it. In the User Guide on pg. 44 is a discription of this command. In your case you would have, CP,2(diameter),8(X centerpoint),8(Y centerpoint),I(inside),1(direction-clockwise),0(start angle-0 is 12:00),370(end angle-360+10),-.38(plunge),1 or blank(repetions),1 or blank(proportion X),1 or blank(proportion Y),1(for tab)2(for pocket)3(for sprial),1(no pull up at end)blank(pull up at end),1(for plunge from Z axis 0)

I think your command would look like this,
CP,2,8,8,I,1,0,370,-.38,,,,,,1
Also, don't forget to set your bit size with the VC command or your cicrle won't be calculated right. I hope this helps

carol
02-11-2001, 10:41 PM
Thanks, Scott, I'll try it tomorrow. Now, can some one help me with the Accessory axis problem I posted yesterday?

dan@burningimpressions.ca
02-12-2001, 12:48 AM
Carol, take a good look at your guide wheels on your "A" axis to see if they are running in the grooves they have made, then take your wiring at the connector apart, then turn the coupling between below your motor up and down to see if it is free, if it isn't then something is not where it shoud be.