PDA

View Full Version : Post processer messages

steve
04-06-2008, 08:20 AM
I am finding when I create a toolpath in PartWorks and run it I get a message that the file is in metric. I have use the ShopBot (arcs)(inch) processer and the fils are in inches and cut properly , so my question is do i need to go into that processer and edit?

kfitz
04-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I had this exact same issue when I was using Mike Harvey's 'Bot a few weeks ago. I'd be interested in a solution as well.

Gary Campbell
04-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Kevin, Steve...
This is probably a C#90, C#91 glitch. The newer post P's call up C#90. C#90 calls up the my_variables file to load global variables into memory. If "&my_units" does not equal 0 (zero) then C#91 (unit error) is called up. (when using standard). Check to see that setup has been run or simply enter "&my_units=0" in the my_variables file. This should stop the error.
More information here:http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/26/29427.html?1207055778
Gary

steve
04-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Gary , thanks , but no go . my_units is and always was set to 0 , I remember checking it a while ago , as well as today.

beacon14
04-06-2008, 02:38 PM
If you want to send me a copy of the postprocessor and your resulting .sbp file I'll take a look at it.

beacon14
04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Apparently there is a bug in some of the PartWorks postprocessor files. There is a missing END statement that needs to be in the file just before the subroutine for printing the error messages. Without the END statement the file will always print an error message after the cutting commands are complete.

Here is the fix:

Open the .pp file in any text editor. (Not sure where PartWorks pp files are stored but if they follow VCarve Pro's convention look for a Program Files\PartWorks\PostP directory). SAVE A COPY OF THE UNEDITED FILE SOMEWHERE JUST IN CASE!!!!!

If you open the file and look at the last few lines of code it looks like this (from the pp files which Stephen e-mailed to me):

"UNIT_ERROR:"

paco
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Just a guess but I don't think one can edit PartWorks post processors... but you can submit the problem or change suggestions to Vectric support.

beacon14
04-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I believe the PartWorks and VCarve pp files are essentially the same and can be edited the same way. There are a couple of requirements for the PartWorks pp files that PartWorks looks for as a security precaution but that should not affect the information posted above.

Brian Moran
04-07-2008, 04:43 AM
The PartWorks post processors are all now updated and maintained by ShopBot not Vectric.

Users can also make minor changes to the posts themselves but extreme care should be taken as it is easy to cause considerable damage if you make mistakes!

bill.young
04-07-2008, 08:56 AM
hey guys,

You can find updated post-processors for PartWorks in the Support/Drivers section of the ShopBot website, along with the PartWorks 1.102 update.

http://www.shopbottools.com/drivers.htm

Bill

paco
04-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, I'm glad I was wrong!