View Full Version : Slipping or stalled is all I get with the new controller

dyna
10-14-2001, 08:46 PM
I have one of the first machines. It is a cable model. It never really ran very well. Shopbot gave me a new controller box and power supply. I have been over the installation of it several times. I have hooked it up by the instructions over and over. I am sick of it. How much money would it take to get someone out here to get it running? All I want is for it to run. Maybe I didnt follow directions perfectly. Maybe they are clear directions and I am an idiot. This thing has been taking up space for too many years. If I cant get it running by Christmas it will make a beautiful fire.

rgengrave@aol.com
10-15-2001, 02:05 AM
Grady give me a shout on what you need to know, I had a cable drive and know 7 others that still do, we might be able to tell you how to fix it, or you can always call shopbot.

Ron

davidallen
10-15-2001, 12:40 PM
grady,

if you want to get rid of it, I'd be interested in the motors and controller.

da

dyna
10-15-2001, 06:51 PM
Hey ,
Thanks for the replies. First off,it aint for sale. Anybody in North Carolina? I just want to find someone who knows what they are doing to fix it. God bless America!

jkforney@yahoo.com
10-17-2001, 11:24 AM
Grady
The first name that comes to mind in North Carolina is Shopbot. Maybe they can help.

John Forney

dyna
10-28-2001, 11:09 AM
I got to talk to Ted Hall about the problem. It took him all of 10 minutes to figure out what the problem was. It seems that the later versions of the tool run the encoder chain the opposite direction across the encoder. My motors were trying to go in the right direction but the encoders were saying "wrong way". All I had to do was go into the control box and switch two wires for each axis. I would never have figured this out on my own. Ted really knows the machine.
Thanks,
Grady