PDA

View Full Version : Converter won't work?? or something sure won't

onewilsonone@yahoo.com
12-20-2003, 04:52 PM
I create a part file: dxf and take it to the bot, convert it to sbp. Well atleast I tell it to. The conversion is oddly faster than usual. When I go to run the the file, it only reads 4 lines then nothing. Help would be very nice, please use simpleton lingo

Thanks
ah yea this is for a Christmas project you realize!!

pjweber@insightbb.com
12-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Not clear what software you're using to create the part file; presumably its a CAD program.

There are many variations of .dxf file formats. In the Shopbot Level 1 training I had, we were told that you needed to save the .dxf file as no later than Version 13 (that means do not use Version 14 or higher). This always works for me when I bring .dxf files into Part Wizard.

onewilson
12-20-2003, 05:59 PM
hm, well I have what I assume (yes, I know where that gets me) the very early version. I am still using a cable drive. I used Turbo Cad V 9.1 to create the file. Even after going back out with another disk, nada. Although turbo cad will open it on my house pc.
Tom

onewilsonone@yahoo.com
12-20-2003, 06:16 PM
and further more, when I do the conversion it does kick up a message, but it is off a lot faster than I can even focus on it, let alone read it.
Tom

onewilsonone@yahoo.com
12-20-2003, 06:37 PM
ok
After a very generous email (thanks Alan) I learned how to set the dxf version down to 12. Still something is a miss. Almost like it is findind something very early in the file, and kicking it out of the conversion.
Thanks
Tom

billthorpe@charter.net
12-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Try this -- Assuming you created the file in Turbocad. Go to View, Lights, then turn off all lights. This caused the the very same problem when I tried to convert the DXF. I have yet to find a way to permanently turn off the lights, so you must remember to turn them off with each new file. Hope it works for you!