PDA

View Full Version : .art file to AutoCad

wayne_walker
10-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Is it possible to convert an .art file to autocad?

I have a work surface top that I want to send to a thermoformer to have made and I only have it in Part Wizard.

Thanks in advance!

Wayne

paco
10-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi Wayne!

Unfortunatly, PW does'nt export (or save) in any other format... a work around could be to toolpath on the vectors, then to convert the SBP file using FC command... or ask someone to convert the file for you from Insingia or PRO... let me know if I can help you there; I have Insignia.

wayne_walker
10-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Paco,

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I have a friend who will draw it for me. I just did not want to take up his time.

I appreciate your time.

Wayne

hippo
10-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Ah, some kind soul with ArtCam could open your file (I think) and export the parts as something else. (I'm sure)

-Dan

kr_fitz
10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
This can easily be done as Paco said; create sbp files for the toolpaths, then use FC in ShopBot to create a dxf file. Import into AutoCad. I just did this and it worked great. Only thing I had to do was edit the AutoCad file to get rid of the extra vectors for xyz tool moves.

den73160
10-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Kevin,

I've heard of other people using the FC in shopbot to create a dxf file, but I haven't been successful in doing it myself could someone wallk me through the process?

kr_fitz
10-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Dennis,

In the SB software, go to File, Conversions, then select SBP from the file type menu. Select the SBP file you want to convert, then in the popup menu, select File, select save file as DXF, give it a name and a location, and you are done.