PDA

View Full Version : Routing a Cabinet Door Panel

terry
11-02-2005, 09:25 PM
I want to start machining the center panel of raised panel cabinet doors on my 'bot. I have a PRT 48x144 with 3 hp Hatachie router. The only program I have is Part Wizard version 1.010. I can hold the panel with vacuum pods. I have 2 questions: 1. How would I do this with a square door? 2. How would I do this with a arch top door?

My averege door order is between 30 - 50 doors so I'm looking for a fairly fast way to draw the cutfile. If it can't be done quickly in PW then what would you suggest?

To save time and space, yes I hear you when you say it is faster on shapers. I have those now. I have reasons for wanting to pursue this route.

Thanks in Advance!

Terry

paul_n
11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Terry,

Not sure about Part Wizard, but you may want to look into this: http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/

Paul

gene
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Terry,
If your serious about machineing the parts of doors you may want to concider looking at the weaver door setup. keep in mind the center pannel is 5/8 not 3/4 so you will need a planner that is able to keep up as well as doing a smooth job.
If your wanting to do designs on a pre made door then i would try importing the design and milling it like you would do a sign. at least this way you can use a scrap piece of wood to do a sample to insure its what the customer wants. good luck Gene

Ryan Patterson
02-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Terry,
If you are working with square panels only. I think the fastest way would be to use a text editor. Using the CR command. If you have not tried the AtoZ editor give it a try it as an insert command for ShopBots CR command with options to set the X,Y start of cut and adds Jog commands. I know it AtoZ was not working before but should be good to go now. Here is the download link http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/AtoZsetup.exe

Here is an example of the out using the AtoZeditors insert CR command

J3,1,1,1
MZ,-.75
CR,12,15,T,1,1,0,1,0,0
MZ,-.75
J3,1,1,1