PDA

View Full Version : Black hole generator completed...

harryball
05-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, I finished my vac pump based on Bill Palumbo's information and info gleaned from the forum.

I spent a total of about $200.00 including shipping and taxes where applicable. The tank is from an old air compressor.

I'm surprised how well it works. With the tank closed it pulls 16" of vacuum in about 30 seconds. It reaches a full 23" of vac in just over one minute. Not bad considering the size of the surge tank. It currently cycles from 16" to 23". I left the tank charged over night and it dropped from 23" to 22" so it's sealed fairly well. In fact, the gauge still shows 22" and it's been well over 36 hours. I've not used it on the first project yet, but I'm making a large puck now and expect to try it out this week on a real job.

Here it is!

billp
05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Robert,
Nice job, it's a compact unit.These rigs are incredibly versatile. We recently used the same setup to cut some desktops, and then vacuum bag a veneer onto their faces with a custom made bag. With some gasket tape you'll be able to run multiple pods/pucks as well.
Brady Watson and I will be doing a "Vacuum" presentation at the Jamboree and we'll speak about using units like these as the basis of a system...

Brady Watson
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Robert,
The 'nautilus' looks great! Like Bill said, stay tuned. We're going to unveil some tricks that you can do to that little vac to expand it's usefulness at the Jamboree. I'll most likely do a write up on this afterwards.

-B