PDA

View Full Version : Using Array Copy - Odd results?

btkfrisco
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I am using the latest version of PartWorks. I made a simple rectangle to represent one of 78 slots to cut into a part. The first slot is to be at 1 inch on X and then another every .235 inches. When I copy it 78 times the start location the .sbp file goes out to 3+" on X. If I do not copy at all, it starts at the designed 1" on X. If I copy it 5 times, then it starts at the appropriate 1" on X.
Any ideas?

Gary Campbell
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Brian..
Can you post a screen clip or 2?
Gary

btkfrisco
01-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I can try. Which screens would mean the most to you?

Gary Campbell
01-13-2009, 10:25 PM
How about one that shows the options selected on the block copy/array options window and one of the results.

What is your material size? What is the part size you are placing the slots onto? What is the size of the slot?
Gary

btkfrisco
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I will grab a couple of screen shots when I can get back in the shop. I am making guitar kerfing. I am making them in batches. The wood size is 5.5" wide x 24" long x .25" thick. The slots are only .05" wide and extend all the way across the width of the part. The spacing is .235" between the slots.
The onscreen results look good both was... the first slot is at 1" when I use 1 to 6 slots. More than that - it goes to over 3". This is without changing anything other than the number of copies to make.

btkfrisco
01-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Okay... finally I got the screen shots and down sized them to where I could load them here... Thanks...

Gary Campbell
01-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Brian..
What post processor are you using? What does the preview look like in PWks? Does the cutting file actually cut all the slots as drawn, but in a "random" order? Or does it never cut the slots less than X=3.
Gary

btkfrisco
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I am using the shopbot inch (*.sbp) post processor. The preview looks like it should. It cuts the slots in the correct order. However, it just starts at the 3" position rather than the 1" position. It also cuts the right number of slots - just to far up the x axis. No slots are cut less than X=3. However... if I only make the array copy do 5 copies - it starts in the right place... Very odd...

btkfrisco
01-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I am using the shopbot inch (*.sbp) post processor. The preview looks like it should. It cuts the slots in the correct order. However, it just starts at the 3" position rather than the 1" position. It also cuts the right number of slots - just to far up the x axis. No slots are cut less than X=3. However... if I only make the array copy do 5 copies - it starts in the right place... Very odd...

Gary Campbell
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Brian..
I am at a loss to explain this. Send a copy of the drawing file, the .sbp cut file to the support team. I am not sure if this goes to ShopBot or Vectric with PWks.
Gary

btkfrisco
01-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks for staying with this Gary... I will send it in... I find it very odd myself...