PDA

View Full Version : Selecting multiple segments to change direction??

rainbowboats@hotmail.com
06-20-2001, 08:44 AM
Hi Folks

I have some files that have hundreds of segments. Some of which are very small. Of course they are not all going the right direction. Is there a way in vector after selecting all the segments and globally changing direction of all the segments?

Thanks
Eric

imserv@imsrv.com
06-20-2001, 11:30 AM
Reorganize to make selectable and reduced chains, all selected in the same direction.

Also, check out the Special menu:

Flip (Reverse) last, Reverse last chain, Reverse, Reverse every second

These all affect selection order and direction.

mechtron@iafrica.com
06-20-2001, 12:41 PM
Eric, mail me one of your problem files and I will try to help you. mechtron@iafrica.com (mailto:mechtron@iafrica.com)

jkforney@yahoo.com
06-20-2001, 07:33 PM
Eric
Reorganize is found under the change menu.

John Forney

Gerald D
06-21-2001, 09:16 AM
Eric, You have mail.

I think that I found his problem and I am waiting for him to confirm it.

Gerald D
06-22-2001, 10:23 AM
Eric's drawing opened fine in Vector. However, the Reorganize function (proposed above) simply would not get everything in the same direction! Saved as a .ccd, re-opened, still no joy.

Using AutoCAD, it was discovered that this drawing consisted of 909 polylines which exploded to 915 normal lines. Problem solved except that some fiddling with General Accuracy value was required.

In there any way, using only Vector, that the problem could have been detected? Vector accepts these polylines, changes their color, even changes the line type upon request. It stores and retrieves these polylines in ccd format and the Vector user has every reason to believe that he has got a good .dxf input.

To repeat: If you want to export a drawing from another CAD program for use in Vector, make sure that it is "exploded" down to the simplest line segments before you make that .dxf file.

imserv@imsrv.com
06-22-2001, 12:36 PM
If you edit-Select in Vector, the dialog shows the entities in the drawing. If there are any objects imported (which is how Vector handles Blocks) They should be smashed (exploded in Autocad). Were there any poly arcs in any of the poly lines? That will also cause problems.

Gerald D
06-22-2001, 01:54 PM
Fred,

Edit - Select showed only lines. (This is where I could happily change the colors etc.)

No poly arcs detected with AutoCad

rainbowboats@hotmail.com
06-27-2001, 07:04 PM
Hi Folks

I did fiddle with it and now have all the segments happily going the right way. Maybe Desing Cad is not the way to go. It could be the fact that the files came from yet a third software and arranged in design cad, then transferred to vector.

In any case I greatly apprciate Especially Gerald.

I received my tool yesterday and have the table about done. I'm taking most of next week off to assemble and get the tool online.

Thanks
Eric

hank strom
11-09-2001, 07:16 PM
im still lost is there a way to select more than one line at a time in a file to change direction?? also can i have polylines or should i get rid of them altogether before saving to dxf and bringing into vector.