PDA

View Full Version : Cant find parts?

kevin_r
01-14-2003, 08:23 PM
I had a customeer send me a .dwg file today to cut. It was drawn by someone else for him. I can open it in turbocad, but if i copy the part from the page and paste to a new page, the part is not there. The properties show it is on layer 8. I dont know much about layers, is this the problem?
I tried to import to parts wizard, but had the same problem, no part. Any ideas?
Kevin

rgbrown@itexas.net
01-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Kevin,

Have you tried a "Save As" in a different format and then re-open?

pauln
01-15-2003, 12:09 AM
Kevin....

I would be happy to try your file, if you want to email it to me....
I've had funny things happen with both .dwg and .dxf files, depending on how they were saved, after creation.

Paul
( paulncc@bellsouth.net (mailto:paulncc@bellsouth.net) )

frank
01-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Kevin,

Also check that your zoom level is correct. I have imported files into PartWizard and they were to either too big or too small to see when they first came in. Click on the "Window fit" icon so you can see all of your material. Sometimes you will only see a small black speck. If you do, select it and then click on the "Zoom objects" icon. This will allow you to see the object. If there is something else that is causing the problem, give me a call and I'll see if I can figure it out.

kevin_r
01-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys for the help.
I got my answer, it wasnt the one I wanted. I dont know what program this was drawn with, but (maybe on purpose), the parts were drawn kind of hidden. Any kind of mod or copy and the parts wont show. What I did was just trace them with the spline tool (turbocad) the paste on a new page. Paul, thanks for offering to look at the file, but I cant send it to you. This sounds stupid, but I promised the customer I wouldnt show his designs to anyone. Its not that I dont trust you, but a promise is a promise!. Everyone have a good weekend!!!
Kevin Reid