PDA

View Full Version : Converter availability ...

Support (Admin)
03-31-1999, 05:13 PM
THREAD FROM ARCHIVE
================================================== =====
G-code converter

Is the G-code converter still available? I have "acquired" a copy of BobCAD/CAM that I would like to use for making parts files as it can do tool offsets, multiple tool paths, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jim, Yes the G-Code converter (from Bruce Clark) is available and we will ship it out to everyone with Version 2 (we didn't put it in with the beta to keep the zipped file size small). In fact, all the conversion programs (dxf, hpgl, g-code and tiff) will run from ShopBot using the [FC;'F'ile 'C'onvert] Command. I'll email you a copy that will run stand-alone for the moment.

rowedesign@compuserve.com
09-11-1999, 12:45 PM
Hi Ted,
I'm looking for a way to convert standard G-code files to run on your router. Is this converter you're are talking about what I need? Man. if it is, I'll be ready to purchase a shopbot by the middle of October! I just didn't want to have to learn another CAM program.
Another question: To do 3-axis work, do I have to install another LPT port? It's not a problem, I'm just making a list of what I have to buy.
Thanks a lot,
Mike Rowe

Ted Hall, ShopBot
09-12-1999, 11:34 PM
Hi Mike,

The archive post up above is a bit out of date ... There is a G-Code converter (by ShopBotter Bruce Clark) now shipped along with the current software.

It is in the Sb2b10 beta version that is available for download here on our web site if you'd like to try it out. The converter can be run from within ShopBot using the converter function [FC], or you can run it as a standalone UX_GCODE.EXE. In this version there is an HTML file of instructions for the converter. (Bruce has also provided HPGL and TIF converters that will be included with the full Version 2 software.

On your other question, you will have full 3 axis movement and 3D interpolation through the single serial port connection to the ShopBot Control Box. As long as you have a serial port available, your computer should be ready.

birdsofplay
09-13-1999, 06:03 PM
I pretty happy with the way sb2b10 is performing.
Nice new features and all.

OK sometimes I've noted a little problem with directory navigation but it's a minor issue.

So is Ver 2.0 Aplpha gonna happen this century ?

Not complaining, mind you, just figured nobody had asked this question in a while, so ...

Are you planning a big Y2K, Ver 2.0 rollout
combo-party in Durham ? hmmm ? :-)

ciao