PDA

View Full Version : Can't see table on simulation

erik_f
07-23-2004, 12:39 AM
I can't see the table on simulation mode...bits and pieces of it show up and some of the lines...but for the most part it isn't there...any suggestions.

Erik

bill.young
07-23-2004, 04:55 AM
Hey Erik,

Depending on what you're seeing it might be a couple of things.

* Do you see some of the parts but not others when the "tool visible" button is clicked...for instance you can see the legs but not the table top? In that case it's usually a video card or driver issue. Make sure that you have the most recent drivers for your video card and the most recent version of DirectX. If that doesn't help you can change the renderer that the previewer uses with the VP command. By default it uses DirectX, but you can try the OpenGL renderer or an R98 software renderer to see if they help.

* Do you just see the grid and maybe a corner of the table? What happens when you zoom out...can you see the whole table top but the grid isn't centered on the table? If so then it sounds like you've gotten out of sync with your "table base coordinates". The software remembers the "real" 0,0 point of your tool even when you re-zero in different positions on the table, so that things like limit checking (that rely on an actual physical position on the tool) will still work even when you've re-zeroed the software to a new position. The grid in the previewer represents your current working area, but the light blue tabletop in preview stays at the "real" physical table position.

This table base coordinate business is confusing, but it's possible to get things out of sync if you've rezeroed a lot. If that's the case you can get them back in position in the previewer by giving it an M3,0,0,0 move in preview and then typing ZT to zero the table base coordinates...it should get things lined up again.

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing...drop me a line if it was and I'll try to explain better.

Bill

erik_f
07-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks I will see if either of these makes a change...sounds like it might be the video card...so
I'll see if I can dig out an old one and see if it changes anything.

Erik