PDA

View Full Version : Measurement Problems

Paul
10-20-2003, 04:16 AM
My download works fine, except for a measurement issue. I have the software set to metric, when you preview items they are shown way off the table , it looks as though you preview something 239mm it looks as though it is displayed as 239 inches.
There is a similar problem with the Typesetter, I have a sign 160mm long by 60mm high with 21mm high text, it tells me that my 90 degree cutter needs to be 2.678 inches in dia and will cut 1.339 inches deep and the sign size will be 80.082 inches x 20.975 inches.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing some settings ????

Paul

bill.young
10-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Hi Paul,

There are a bunch of new settings for the previewer, and one of them sets the previewer units. Type "VD" to open the display fillin sheet and set the units to millimeters...it should solve your problem.

Sorry for the confusion in Typesetter units. For the moment just ignore the "inches" references in the header of your Typesetter files and pretend that it says "units". Typesetter doesn't care what measurement system you are working in...it just uses generic "units" to do it's calculations. We tried to avoid any reference to specific units in Typesetter, but guess we slipped up in the comments section.

In your example your bit will need to be 2.678 millimeters in diameter, it will cut 1.339 millimeters deep, and the text will be 80.082 millimeters long by 20.975 millimeters high.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll put it on my ToDo list.

Bill