PDA

View Full Version : Problem using FG command

stargategfx
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Running our new Alpha 60 x 120, tried using the FG for the first time on this machine to resume a job we paused last night.
After setting the "go to" number and telling the program to run from that point, it isn't asking me to turn on the spindle, nor is it allowing me a way to power up the spindle.
On my other Alpha this isn't an issue as I can run the spindle independantly from the software.
Am I missing something obvious?

Brady Watson
03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Boyd,
With the FG command, it completely bypasses ANY commands before the point in the file where it begins to cut. This includes the instruction set to turn on the spindle (SO,1,1) AND move speed (MS). You will want to manually turn on the output1 switch by going into keyboard mode and pressing Alt+1 or use the toggle for output #1. Be sure to set your move speed in the software before you call up the FG command.

-Brady

beacon14
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
you can get around this by inserting a GOTO LABEL command after the first few lines of the file that start the router and any other commands you don't want to skip, then insert the LABEL: on the line before the line you want to start at. Then use FG without having to "go to", just run from the start.