PDA

View Full Version : A move speed, B move speed...

stargategfx
08-04-2004, 11:17 PM
This may be the "dumb question du-jour" but what does A move speed and B move speed, as seen in the move speed fill-in page refer to?
Can't find the answer in my documentation or in the help index.

fleinbach
08-05-2004, 05:51 AM
I'm not possitive but I think it pertains two a 5 axis machine. I seem to recall reading about a 5 axis machine and the other two axis's where labled A and B. Of course that brings up another question, why is it in the shopbot software since I am unaware of there being a 5 axis shopbot.

ron brown
08-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Boyd,

I don't run the Windows software or, pretend to on TV. But the "A" axis is the "fourth axis" and the "B" will be the "Fifth Axis". These are custom options. The accessories will have different parameters according to who builds them.

But you have just given more reasons to think about upgrading to something I have no use for... at the moment.

Ron

stargategfx
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Ron, funny you should mention TV as thats exactly what my new SB is used for; props and set pieces that is.
Regarding the extra "Axis", I don't think that is what is meant here. In the fill in window you can set your primary speed as well as A & B speeds.
Anybody else have a different take on this?

harold_weber
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Ron is correct. I think he stays in a Holiday Inn Express at night...........

It may help you to think of A and B as "Accessory Axis A" and "Accessory Axis B".

I use the A axis settings to drive my second Z axis.

Some folks use the A or B axis settings to drive a rotary axis.