PDA

View Full Version : Software Training

txtrain
08-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Limiting the time between purchase and productivity is one thing training can do. If there is enough interest, we can provide basic software training on a CD-ROM.
The training CD would also be a performance tool, providing easy access to procedures and information as needed after training is completed. We would gather suggestions from the group as to what needs to be on the CD. Typically, such a CD would include plenty of screen captures and photos to illustrate exactly what to do and how to do it.
Getting basic training would shorten the time to productivity, and also make advanced Shopbot training more productive. Experience with the tool in your shop, making your products, would give you insight on any special issues you might have to resolve.
Would this be of interest to you?

pappy
08-05-2002, 11:08 PM
I have just ordered a PRT 120-60 and it will arrive the day after tomorrow. I have worked with machinery most of my life and I am undaunted by the computer (no expert by any means but, not afraid to jump in). My worry has been "can I bring it all together for production as others have" and be successful at it. So many unanswered question that may not be so much question as merely concerns. What you have just proposed is the missing link. Now, I'm afraid that I will have to go through the stumbling withoug this help because it would be impossible to get it to me in time.

Steven L Demenisal
08-06-2002, 12:20 AM
I was just transferred to the Austin area last year and am looking into getting a machine as an investment for the future.
I too had concerns about what I would need to know about if I could catch up with some of the pros here, I been through this whole forum and found some real good advice and the one that caught my eye was what Bill P said about no program being the holly grail.
This got me to thinking am I missing something? There are many different programs being used and not many that seem to be user friendly so I searched the web and found this site.
Http://www.rngengravers.com

I called them and they told me to get Turbocad from E-Bay for $18.00 and Coreldraw 8 for $29.00 and to call them when it came in and was installed.
This guy showed me in 5 minutes how to draw a file and what amazed me the most is he sent me what we just drew in a movie!!! his comment was if you can not follow a movie and follow the steps you will have a long learning curve. He sent me a cd with movies of everything I wanted to be able to make on the machine, this is just too simple and not a nightmare I thought it would be.

Paul is this the type of cd you are offering too? and Doug check that site out above.
I hope by the end of the year to have enough money saved to order a machine and put what I have learned to good use.
I would like to thank everyone on the forum for there good advice, I now see this might indeed be a good investment.

Steven L Demenisal

danhamm@abccom.bc.ca
08-06-2002, 12:20 AM
Doug that is what this forum is all about,
don't be shy about reaching out for help.
Most of the shopbotters on this forum started
just like you "and" with help from more experienced shopbotters are now helping others.
They can zero in on a particular problem or sort
out what might be needed whether its file,machine
or computer, faster than the suggested CDrom
above.. you just have to fill in the info and
sift through the replys to find what applys..

flyboy
08-06-2002, 11:08 AM
I'll have to say that the support from the forum and from Shopbot have both been excellent. Which is very smart on thier part and the decent thing to do of course. There would have probably been a lot less shopbots sold if during demos the owner was bad mouthing the support. Not so, I can only express suprize with how good it's been so far. Compared to my other cnc machine's support they are Gods on high. I've had a glitch here and there but no big deal and it's been handled so well I ended up being impressed. Just my 2 cents for propectives. I'm not selling anything, but I'm nmore than happy to show someone my bot in AZ.

gerald_d
08-06-2002, 12:20 PM
I'll echo what Tom says, but the really smart thing about ShopBot and this Forum is the fact that the clients are doing a lot of the support and training!