PDA

View Full Version : Parameter with Zaxis running wrong

hykambois
04-01-2009, 04:44 AM
I am new with shopbot and I try to start with this tool for the first time. As recommended I zero'd the three axis,then with proportion (1) moving was wrong: it jumped up. When I reduced Z to(-1)it run wrong too and plunged into the table. please I need help to understand: 1st- Where is the very problem in this situation? and 2nd- How to get the good parameters to start well? As possible, I will appreciate a small example I can follow as a trial or first topic Please I am waiting for your advices. Thanks in advance.

zeykr
04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
If you are saying the z moves in the proper direction, but does not move the proper distance, the problem may be the setting for unit values for the Z axis in the shopbot software.

Contact shopbot for proper z values for you machine or post what machine you have and someone may be able to provide them.

What is your unit value for Z currently set to?

hykambois
04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Hi Ken. Thank you for answer.. I have a PRSSTANDARD 96x48 and currently the Z unit values is on (1). last week I've had a bad expérience when I tried moving with these parameters: As I pushed "OK" it moved up highly. then I tried(-1) it plunged down breaking the cutter.
Thanks for help.

srwtlc
04-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Hanafi,

It sounds like your unit values are not correct. Have you tried resetting them with UR and loading the correct settings file for your machine? You would use the file named "ShopBot_PRS96x48standard.sbd"