PDA

View Full Version : Bobcad V19 to Shopbot

dave_west
01-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know the postprossesor I should use to generate the gcode that the shopbot converter will recognize? Fanuc 5T, Fanuc 6M, & Haas VF1 are the only postprossesors in v19 that i'm aware of. Help me please.

Brady Watson
01-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Dave,
I believe that you have to use the version 17/18 post specifically for ShopBot.

Here's the one I have:
BobCAD V17/18 Mill Post Processor

4182 (8.7 k)

dave_west
01-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks I will give it a try.

dave_west
01-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Do you run your shopbot from bob cad, or do you convert the gcode? I am new to this 3d stuff, I have a background in signs, but I bought the bobcad software because of their christmas sale.
So I'm learning as I go.

Brady Watson
01-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Dave,
I did a few things with it...but I haven't in a while. I bought 18 when it was on sale last year. I like it for 2D stuff and occasionally to import IGES files and things like that.

If you really want to get into the 3D game, buy a copy of Rhino (version 2 is fine) and MillWizard. Then you'll be cooking with gas. The BobCAD people just called me yesterday to upgrade to 19 and I told them that it was too time consuming to manually add in lead-ins and outs for Z moves. I told them that for $250 (MillWizard) and Rhino I can run circles around BC all day long for 3D and not ever fear that my tool is going to crash into the table. I like BC for 2D stuff and that's primarily why I bought it. AutoCAD was too expensive and cumbersome.

dave_west
01-04-2004, 05:41 PM
I was hoping to do some furniture with bob cad, custom moldings etc. is this possible with bobcad?
and what is (to manually add in lead-ins and outs for Z moves) like I said I'm new at this. I've got the signs down but that's all 2d.

Brady Watson
01-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Dave,
You can do it, but you are going to have to invest some time learning how to do it in BC. The training videos are pretty good and will give you a good idea as to how to do it. Did you get them?

If you have the $ and want to step it up a few notches, MillWizard and Rhino are the way to go.

-Brady