PDA

View Full Version : Vector with ShopBot purchase

gtw
05-10-2001, 12:59 PM
Good Morning:
We purchased our Shopbot last fall and finaly got it delivered in January. We've spent all this time since, trying to learn how to make dxf and parts files using corel 9. Now I see that Vectorcad/cam is supposed to be supplied with the machine. I guess we didn't get the disc or something, because we don't have it. could somebody send me the program? (since it's supposed to be free?) Anything that will help me would be appreciated in getting the files made so the work can be done by the machine. Right now we're doing it all by hand (scroll saw) and just received an oder for 400 pieces. We really need to get these files done. Thanks for your help guys.

Shirl

techsupport@shopbottools.com
05-10-2001, 02:14 PM
Shirl,

Vector is supplied with the tool. Please contact us at (919) 680-4800 or email at techsupport@shopbottools.com (mailto:techsupport@shopbottools.com) so we can help you with this.

Thank you.

Nancy
05-10-2001, 04:41 PM
A licensed copy of Vector has been included with each ShopBot purchased from ShopBot Tools for about the past year and a half. Owners of older ShopBots may obtain Vector at a special price from ShopBot.

paulncc@bellsouth.net
05-10-2001, 06:35 PM
Shirl....
Send me your e-mail address, let me see if I can be of any help to you, at this time !!

Paul

fuzzygrub@sinclair.net
05-10-2001, 10:49 PM
Shirl,,
I'll back up Pauls offer. I'm no wiz but the school of hard knocks has turned up a few tricks.
keith

rgengrave@aol.com
05-11-2001, 03:05 AM
Paul I sent Shirl an e-mail and offered to do the files, so far no word?.

Ron

gtw
05-11-2001, 01:59 PM
Good Morning: To Ron V -
I scan my images - would you like me to send
you the actual drawings? Or the scanned images
or both. I scan them into corel 9 and vectorizie
them and trace them with Auto-trace, but get all of those 'pepper' spots that really make the cnc
produce some nasty marks. I just can't seem to
get rid of them. Some have suggested Turbocad,
others Autocad, others corel 9 should be enough.
I could really use some help getting myself sorted out as well as what I should do. Just let
me know what you would like and give me your e-mail address so I can do that. The drawings have measurements on them and they need to be exploded so each part can be cut in bulk. All our work is
instarsia and must fit together easily. Thanks
so much.

Shirl

rgengrave@aol.com
05-11-2001, 03:51 PM
Shirl just sent me the scaned files and I will convert then and send them back as a dxf files, all you will need to do is resize them to your liking or tell me what size you will want them, I will also show you the steps it took to make and do them.

rgengrave@aol.com (mailto:rgengrave@aol.com)

Ron

onewilson
12-28-2001, 03:40 PM
hi
well, ok heres the story: a few months ago I purchased what you might call an antique shopbot . now, during my time off, I would have liked to been able to get it to just make some simple signs. Just the simple little name, where I can change sizes and fonts type of deal. Nothing overly fancy yet. But, the past owner, says he can't find any software. The only thing I have is the shopbot disk. I have bought a turbocad v.7, and honestly not doing to good with that as of yet. I will admit, that even tho I've operated a 5 axis machine in a larger plant, I'm by far no pro at the finer aspects of what makes it go. I THINK I'm able of making a dxf. file, but it looks like I need to have vector to convert to the shopbot language. It's the shutdown time for shopbot, so I can't get a new version from them yet. I'm only here, on the weekends, so that doesnt help either. The past owner mention signlab as a place to obtain some software. Any thoughts from the shopbot pros that are here? I deeply appreciate the forum, I'm hoping to get an education from all the reading. Thank you

danhamm@abccom.bc.ca
12-28-2001, 08:35 PM
You have the shopbot disc, then you also have the
shopbot software that will convert a dxf.file to
sbp.file ..turbocad will create a dxf file..

you can also download updates for your software
from shopbots website..

Shopbots built in converter will convert a dxf,tiff, and hpgl.file to a sbp.file and sbp.file
can be read in notepad or word as a text file..

Vector will convert a dxf file to and sbp.file
you can use ..turbocad, coreldraw,signlab,engrave lab, vector, autocad, mastercam, and dozens of others to create a file for your shopbot, use its
file converter or vectors, there are other cad cam
programs that will make a sbp.file also...