PDA

View Full Version : Operating System, Win 2000

david@hanson-instruments.co.uk
03-29-2003, 03:43 PM
I am using Partwizard on our PRT computer on a win98 O/S machine with no problems. I have also loaded Partwizard onto a Win2000 O/S laptop for working away from the noise of the workshops. This setup appears to function properly when being used but all of the picture icons in the software are represented by a white box with a red cross in it. As we know how to use the software it causes minimal inconvenience but it would be good to know what the cause is. I assume from the wording of the Partwizard manual that it should run okay on Win2000. The software has now been loaded up twice with an uninstall and shutdown inbetween with no change in the boxes and crosses.

cncrouting@attbi.com
03-31-2003, 09:24 PM
bad link to the icons - basically, the computer is looking in the wrong place for the picture files (.ico most likely) -to fix, manually relink the shortcuts to the icon pictures - either browse through the partswizard directory ( should be an images or icons directory somewhere), or do a search for *.ico to find the icons.

Only other possible thing is a bad environment variable, and unless you're comfortable mucking with them, I'm not going to try and walk you through over a message board

Best of luck
Neil ( Bot ordered, finally!!!!!!
)

david@hanson-instruments.co.uk
04-01-2003, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Neil, unfortunatley all the images appear to be 'MS picture-it' images, all appear to be in the correct folders on the C drive. More frustrating is that there appears to be no way of changing the shortcuts in the program.

frank
04-02-2003, 12:42 PM
David,

If you have Internet Explorer 6 on your computer it may be that it was updated automatically by Microsoft. If this is the case, you will need to download and install the IE6 patch from our web site and your icons should appear. In addition to missing icons you get an error when you try to create a toolpath, so if your program is working fine otherwise, this may not be the problem.