PDA

View Full Version : Cortona dll driver error

bob_lofthouse
12-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi I'm trying to run the latest shopbot control software in preview mode only prior to the delivery of my machine.

I am receiving a Cortona dll driver error.

I know this is a known error but I can't find the driver.

can anyone point me in the right direction of the driver or how this problem can be resolved.

Brady Watson
12-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Robert,
Make sure that you are running the most current version of directX. I believe that it is up around v9 or so.

Generally speaking, Cortona is very stable and virtually error-free. You may be getting an 'automation error' like I was before I upgraded to DX9.1

-Brady

bob_lofthouse
12-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi Brady,

I've tried downloading v9 of directx but it has not solved the error.

do you have any other ideas.

I've searched the net for a solution and failed.

I'm running xp pro...

paco
12-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Maybe worth trying to re-install 3.3.15... and maybe testing other settings; VP, render type... never know!?

ted
12-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi Robert,

If the software will let you get past the error to start, go to the [VP] Command and in the last line of the Fill-In option sheet, change the renderer to OpenGL (2). If you are not able to get past the start, go to the shopbot.ini file in the C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3 folder and find the VP line. Change the 1 at the end of the line to a 2. Save it. Then try starting the software. Let us know if this does not work at support@shopbottools.com (mailto:support@shopbottools.com).