PDA

View Full Version : Problems using CPP

sneakers
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I was cutting some cabinets and before each new cut (dado, drill, cutout part etc.) the spindle would stop moving (not spinning) and I got an error message. It said "Parameter Value Above Range for VS- Setting to upper limit (12)". I would hit enter then get the same message except the number would be (10). I hit enter and it would cut all of the next functions then stop again with the same message routine again. I have no idea what the message means. I have used this program many times and never got this message. anyone have the solution? By the way I have the latest version of CPP. One other problem I had was for the back dados, 5 of them were too small by .020 and the rest were .020 too big. This is the first project using the new version of CPP but I never had any problems using past versions before. I hope someone can give me a direction to look for the problem.

Thanks
Gary

myxpykalix
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
I got the same message but not using CPP but when trying to run a file on my indexer. I would hit the spacebar it would go away. Then when it was to do the next cut it did the same thing for the return.

The only thing i can surmise is that it was like you were starting your cut outside the parameters of the table coordinates. I know that doesn't fix your question and I may be wrong but that is my guess.

Gary Campbell
12-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Gary...
The VS parameter message is most likey caused by a speed command that is too low, or entered in inches per minute. Check your tool setup for the segments that cause the error. You may also have an erroneous entry in your postP.

The dado settings will be controlled by the material thickness selected for the backs. Plus the clearance setting. Is the +.020/-.020 happening on the same cabinet? My guess is no. You have 2 cabinets with a difference in settings or material.

There is also a possibility that a parameter or 2 were added in this new version. This sometimes makes cabinets built with prior versions innacurate. Compare the cabinet settings that have the undersize dados with ones that have oversize, it should be obvious.
Gary

bob_s
12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Gary Gardner
I had some trouble with the VS parameter when I first started with CPP. Ryan allows both IPS and IPM in the toolpath XY feed rate window. If the number is lass than 12 it takes it as ips - over 12 as ipm. I had mixed these by accident and then wrote it to one file. My system didn't like it. Once I saved all templates using only IPS from 1.5 to 6 the problem stopped happening.

sneakers
12-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the replys.

Gary, the clearance problem is over many cabinets. Cutting 16 sheets of material I found the too narrow dado was totally random. I will see if the clearance issue for the too wide dado may be a setting that I mistakenly made.
Bob
As for the VS command, I set the speed to 200ipm for most of the cuts and 150ipm for the cutout cuts. I checked all the templates and all were set in inches per minute. Maybe I need to set them to IPS instead.

Thanks again
Gary

bob_s
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I would try the IPS - under 6 setting - that is what works for me.
I had some trouble with the back dado's until I understood his terminology, but once I got that figured out they have been consistent.