PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Languages in vcarve?

knight_toolworks
06-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I have a project to do some Romanian text. But cutting and pasting in vcarve and making the text the oddball things for the Language vanish. Is it a matter of fonts or something else?

john_l
06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Steve, Do you have any other design program you can open the font legend in and then save it as vectors only first before taking it into VcarvePro?

I am no expert but would be willing to help anyway I can. My email is in profile, feel free to try and send it to me and I will save as vectors for you.

knight_toolworks
06-09-2008, 08:28 PM
yes thats one way but it would be nicer to deal with text since it will cut faster and cleaner most likely.

knight_toolworks
06-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I had way too much moving around and working with the text. working with vectors would have been a real pain.
I found if I changed the settings on my computer to Romanian it worked well. all it takes is a reboot. it does change the date format but other then that I have into noticed anything else. this worked well and let me work with normal text. but he did not like the shape of the thing below the s so I had to replace them all manually I made all of the olive branches and the other things with importing and modifying the shapes. this is 30x24. it was supposed to be 32 but I had him put the wood on and went by his measurement so it is not centered.