PDA

View Full Version : Salleye are you there? Our Shopbot stopped running a file...

graphicmetals
05-29-2003, 02:12 PM
I first posted this in the Troubleshooting section, but Gerald suggested I post it here to get your attention:

Our Shopbot stopped running a file (v-carving) right in the middle of the file. It gave an error message for the last line. I checked the file and could not see a problem. Tried running the file again, but the tool refused to move. So, I deleted the toolpath in Part Wizard and created a new lettering toolpath and sbp file that had just the words that the first file left out when it stopped. The new file could not persuade the tool to move either.

I ran several other files to see if they would move the tool. No problem. I again deleted the lettering toolpath in PW and created a new one and created a new sbp file. Actually I did this several times. Same result each time; tool does not move and I get "error on line X" where x is the last line of the file.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

Regards,

Kevin Fitz-Gerald
Project Manager

Graphic Metals, Inc.
P.O. Box 31
715 East Perry Street
Bryan, OH 43506
Voice 419-636-5757
Fax 419-636-6404

CNC laser cutting up to 14 ga steel
CNC routing wood and plastic

brian
05-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Kevin,

I'd like to take a look at your file. Send me the file.

Brian

gerald_d
05-30-2003, 01:47 AM
See this thread (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/26/1607.html?1054273520) as well.

jdhouse@msn.com
06-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Hi all,
I am using part corel v7 creating a sign using the curlz mt font and then exporting as a dxf then importing it into part wizard for the tool paths, But when the font is selected and the tool is selected for v carving I get an error message that says that I have to upgrade my version of part wizard in order to continue. The message is that I have only a limited number of fonts that I can v carve . But If i use the same font in part wizard , everything is fine. Is this a corel problem , a part wizard problem or is it the operator ? =)

JD

bobl
06-15-2003, 04:41 AM
Hi JD,
In order to v carve with parts wizard you need to add the text in part wizard. You can do your other vectors in any other program and import them, then add the text in part wizard using one of the 10 red fonts and all should be ok. If text is exploded in another program and imported, there is no way for part wizard to determine if it is one of the 10 allowed. Hope this helps.

Bob

jdhouse@msn.com
06-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks Bob ,
One thing that I was hoping to do is manpilate the text over or around an arc. Can I do that in PW?
Curved text is what I am probably trying to say .
JD

logical@gmi.net
06-15-2003, 03:03 PM
You can do curved text, it's just not easy. Type what you want then ungroup the text. Each letter will then be able to be manipulated. I don't know if you'd ever get it looking right though. I tried for a while then gave up. Any curved text I do will be either raised letter or area cleared text due to this feature of PW.

Good luck with it.
Wes

Holger Erendi
06-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Hello JD,

Try www.deskam.com and deskengrave program. I believe that will do the trick.

Good luck
Holger

gerald_d
06-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Holger! Good to see that you are still here!

beacon14
06-16-2003, 09:55 AM
do the design the way you want it in Corel, including the curved lettering, then after importing to Part Wizard, add the text again and use the original letters from Corel as a template to place each letter in Part Wizard, then remove the old text and V-carve the new letters.
I hope you dont have too many letters to do.