PDA

View Full Version : Where does one begin?

jhicks@clevelandllc.com
08-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I have been looking at all the e-mails on softward and part files and find them a bit overwhelming. The machine looks beautiful and the results exciting. I'm just wondering where does one begin.
If anyone can share their thoughts on ramp up time and learning curve to accomplish 3d carvings i would appreciate it.

rgbrown@itexas.net
08-23-2003, 08:34 PM
jhicks,

I think one trades money for time in that learning curve. If one cared to $pend a lot of money, they could buy the software and training one might be up to speed quickly.

I have seen folks take electronic models of an object and translate it into paths in "MillWizzard" in a few minutes. I have also seen many struggle with creating a model for long times. I have been one of those folks who have taken "forever" to get a model like I want it.

However, to learn the tool/techniques and devloping the knowledge on one's own might never be achieved. In short, there are too many variables to guess how long it will take one particular individual to go from where they are now to where they want to be.

Ron