PDA

View Full Version : Crash during install - Cortona error

jim barone
10-19-2003, 09:13 PM
i downloaded the new version to get used to it before committing on the pc that has the shopbot. i was hoping to run it in a demo setting which it says you can do when it cant find the control box but it then crashes? anyone else try this what am i doing wrong? thanks glad the windows is out looking forward to actually using it.

sdfine@excite.com
10-19-2003, 10:43 PM
I don't have a Shopbot yet and just tried downloading and running the Windows software. It also crashed on my system.

joe@jlkenterprises.com
10-20-2003, 03:49 AM
I downloaded the latest version and it crashed also, it is not registering the cortona dll correctly. I reinstalled the prior version, then uninstalled it not allowing it to remove the cortona files (ParallelGraphics folder) and then reinstalled the new version and it worked. I have had some good luck with the prior version so am ready to try this version this week. The preview works great. joe@jlkenterprises.com (mailto:joe@jlkenterprises.com) www.jlkenterprises.com

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
10-20-2003, 09:22 AM
To those having the initial problem (error message related to 'cortona_control.dll') getting the new Version 3 software to run, we will be posting a quick fix for this shortly. For some reason, on some computers we aren't getting the display driver for the preview system configured correctly. We will be posting the more generic version of the driver so you can just install it. That seems to make all work fine. It slipped by us because it is not a problem for any computer that had installed a beta version ... and of course, all twelve of our test computers had already had a beta.