PDA

View Full Version : Back to dos

simon
11-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi. Does anybody know how to reverse the process of updating "firmware" in the control box so I can re-install the old Dos program?
After using the windows one for a few months I am not convinced it is such an improvement, so I am going back to the stone age for a while. Just to compare.
No offence, Ted!

Brady Watson
11-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Simon,
To go back to the DOS version, all you have to do is run the Load46.exe to flash the control box with the DOS software. To swich back to Windows, just run the ControlBoxLoader.exe

Before you pull your hair out, you will need to copy or download the S_Zzero routine for the DOS version. The windows version overwrites the one in the SBParts folder and will NOT work in DOS...since it makes use of some new system variables available in the Windows version.

Other than that, it's pretty straight forward.

-Brady

gerald_d
11-23-2004, 01:55 PM
From what I saw here last week....don't the emergency stops need a wiring change as well?

Brady Watson
11-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Gerald,
I went right from DOS to Windows and back with no changes in hardware whatsoever. I believe that the 1st or 2nd version of the SB3 involved re-wiring. That doesn't seem to be the case on my machine.

-Brady

dingwall
11-24-2004, 09:14 AM
What version are you currently using now Brady?

Brady Watson
11-24-2004, 11:30 AM

Why...It's not working for you?

-Brady