PDA

View Full Version : Something to send the customer in Artcam Insignia

t_fiddler
05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Is there a way to send a Jpeg or something similiar of my work to a customer in Artcam Insignia?
I would like it to be in color.

Maybe I'm too dense to figure it out!!
It would not be the first time.
Thanks
Tom

billp
05-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Tom,
You could always hit the "print screen" key on your computer. This sends whatever is on your screen at the moment to your computer's "virtual clipboard". THEN you can go into a photo editing program and click on "paste" or "paste as new image". (I like Paint Shop Pro for this process) and then I re-size it,crop it, etc., and save it as a JPEG,GIF, etc. Then you can attach it to your e-mail..

paco
05-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi Tom!

You can take screen shot of your screen; use "Print screen" button on the keyboard than start MS Paint, press CTRL+V (or Paste) and use this image to create your image(s)/rendering(s)... But you cannot export/save/output rendering(s) directly from Insignia... but you could suggest this idea on the ArtCAM forum and see if more people would need something alike; the 3D simulation could sure use a little more resolution when zooming... and maybe a choice of colors and textures; I rarely machine grey material!!!

paco
05-09-2005, 11:11 PM
#!*?$!@

2 minutes short...

t_fiddler
05-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Thanks Bill
Paco
Yes I agree!!
I just did a rendering for a nice guy I met at the ShopBot Jamboree and had to print out a line drawing and fax it to him.
I'm sure it lost alot in translation.
My Brain knew what it would look like but I doubt the fax did it justice
I will try to color it in as described above but for $3000 I shouldn't have to!!
I am very unhappy with my Insignia as I bought it from another source other than ShopBot (Stupid Me----Sorry Scot)And have still not recieved a permanent PAF file.
I guess Artcam Pro will do what I want.But there's another 5 grand!!

And I thought I was doing good buying software

Thanks
Tom Fiddler
Sign-Me-Up

t_fiddler
05-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Will Rhino do what I want?
I tried the above mentioned "Patches" and was not happy with the results

I do not like sending cheap drawings for high dollar signs

Man I'm Disappionted
Later
Tom

btk
05-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Tom,

(1) In Rhino, once you render a view, you can chose to print that view or save to disk as a .jpg etc.

(2) If there is a way to print a view in Insiginia (I am not familiar with Artcam), perhaps you can chose to "print to a file" or "print to acrobat" (if you have acrobat installed).

Brian

btk
05-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Tom,

One more thought, before you get too discouraged, after seeing the Insignia Demo at the Jamboree, there are many things that can be done with quick wizards in Insignia that takes much more time in Rhino or other modeling packages.

Brian

hwd_woodworking
05-10-2005, 07:01 AM
There is a free software called E-drawings that you can download as well as your customer and they can view your drawings on that platform with out haveing to have the software you use to draw. I'm not sure if it will work for art cam but it does work for a slew of other drawing programs.

You might want to give it a try.
Nate

wayneo
05-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Tom, go to the artcam website and look at the demo videos. One of them (I can't remember which one) has a demo where they do a 3D profile and then apply a picture of woodgrain texture to it. It looked very realistic. The same approach can be done using Corel Draw, but it is not 3D.

Wayneo

jay
05-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Tom, with Artcam Pro you can click on the Window Tab and then click on "Save 3D view as", which will allow you to save it as a bmp, tiff or jpg.

I hope you have this in Insignia
Cheers, Jay

paco
05-10-2005, 08:16 PM
No...

t_fiddler
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
No Jay this simple feature is not in Insignia
I sold the sign off of the line drawing...but I'm still not happy about this situation.
Also how do I add more fonts to the list.

Thanks
Tom

paco
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Tom,

add 'em to the Window 'Font' folder... and/or to the ArtCAM 'Font' folder...