PDA

View Full Version : Changing all black line to blue. How to do this?

ed_lang
04-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Some of my work in Corel X3 is cut on a 50W Universal Laser system. Some is cut on the ShopBot.

When I design for the laser, I assign a different power and speed setting to different colors to control the depth of cut on the laser. Of course this is not a problem for the ShopBot since that is done in the toolpaths.

How can I take a drawing in Corel and say change all of the black lines to blue lines real easy?

Right now I go around the drawing and click on each of them and then change the color.

Thanks!

qleapp
04-29-2007, 02:04 PM
You can do a 'Ctrl + A' to select all, or go to 'Edit' then 'Select All' and pick objects. You can also use a select box with mouse to select multiple objects, then change color.

ed_lang
04-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Bob,
Won't the Ctrl + A select ALL. Every object?

I need to only select the current black objects and turn them blue, keeping all other object of different colors the same as they are.

Using the select box, will also catch my other colored objects as the Ctrl + A will do.

paco
04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Good layers usage can help a lot for this sort of sorting...

I haven't played a lot with this but study the 'Find and replace' capabilities; it seem pretty versatile.

edcoleman
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Paco, you are on the right track...the "find and replace" tool is what is needed for this task. It is powerful but takes a little use to become familiar with.

Here's some simple steps (in Corel X3):
1) select an object that has the properties you desire (i.e. a "black" line)
2) go to edit>find and replace>find objects
3) choose "find objects that match the currently selected object"
4) now a dialog box will come up listing the currently selected object parameters. You will probably have to edit this since it has every parameter associated with the object (i.e. line color, line thickness, object type, fill options, etc)
5) click the "edit" button in the dialog box above
6) under object type select "find any type of object" then click "next"
7) a new dialog box will appear, make any selections as appropriate, hit "next" then "finish"
8) another new dialog box will come up, select "find all"

now you will have all of the objects you have defined selected...simply right click on a color to change the outline color.

ed_lang
04-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks Ed, and everyone else.

I had always heard that "two Eds are better than one" or was that two heads are better than one.

Thanks