PDA

View Full Version : Trimming Vectors

wardsa
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm having problems understanding how to trim a vector in Vcarve. I'm not sure that's the correct term or not, but what I want to do is trim a "tail" off a vector. I've been trying node edit and sometimes I get it to work, but I don't know how I did it because I pushed so many buttons and then it happens to disappear. I'm not sure what I did to make it go away. I've read the "help" many times and still is not to clear. Any pointers?
Thanks,
Terry

Brady Watson
08-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Terry,
VCP unfortunately doesn't have a trim/scissor tool like PartWizard. You'll have to go into node editing mode, select the vector to trim and hover your mouse over where the span to be trimmed intersects the other vector. Then hold your mouse over the intersection & press the 'C' key. This will cut the vector at that intersection. Repeat as necessary at the other location when it needs to be trimmed, then use the join tools to close/join everything.

-B

knight_toolworks
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
sometimes it won't let you delete the span if there is one left too. what I do is put the curser over the line (already have it selected) then hit I so you make a node right were you want it to end. then hit d to delete the span between the nodes you don't want.