PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Error,Tool will cut through material.

wuzzerdad
01-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I get this error every time I try to make a simple sign, there is no way to change the Z height starting point, what gives? I am new and trying to get started this comes up every time and I can not do a thing about it. Oh, PartWorksV2. Any help??? Thanks in advance.

Gary Campbell
01-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Rick...
That is just a notice that you are cutting thru the material. If you have designed the file to do this, select OK. If not, change the toolpath.
Gary

shoeshine
01-23-2010, 11:24 PM
This may be too simple but have you set the thickness of your material correctly?

kartracer63
01-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Rick,

As long as you're actually trying to cut all the way through your workpiece, you're alright. Just make sure that you're barely cutting through the actual thickness of your material. ( like +/- a few thousands ) Just remember to add tabs on your final cut so the outside piece doesn't go flying across the room, or break a bit.

That message freaked me out the first few times too.

mitch_prest
01-24-2010, 09:12 AM
you did not say what kind of sign you are doing .. if you are v-carving this message will come up if your vectors are far enough apart that the tooling will reach the bottom of your material before it reaches the edges of the vector. If this is the problem then you need to set a maximum depth...

coach
01-24-2010, 11:05 AM
If your material is (as example) .50 thick and you enter into part works and your final cut depth is .510 you will get that message. I do it that way as a proof read to my cutting parameters. Just click ok.
I read it every time as I forget to change final cut of depth on occasion.

wuzzerdad
01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
I am just wanting to V carve to no more than .50 in .750 material. Mitch you may be on to somthing, but I do not know where the set max depth would be, I have looked everywhere, and have done the tutorials over again, and still no luck..

shoeshine
01-25-2010, 12:51 PM
You define this in the toolpath, second option flat depth

adrianm
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
When you're vcarving the depth is a function of the distance between the vectors and the angle of the v-bit you're using.

You can either try a different angle bit, adjust the vectors or, as Chris shows, set a flat depth for the toolpath.