PDA

View Full Version : 3d cuts

larryk
07-26-2002, 01:17 AM
I did a 3dpoly surfice in Rhino,I saved as dxf and opened in part wisard. It cut in 2d? any help is great!!!

flyboy
07-29-2002, 06:55 PM
.Stl is working better for me in millwizard from Rhino as suggested to me from another shopbotter Paul. Thanks Paul. When the popup comes to choose how much detail you want, make sure to use the preview and don't use the highest amount unless REALLY nessecary because the really big files slow millwizard down and you'll be waiting a lot for the screens to refresh before you can do anything. Small parts can and should use pretty high resolutions. I've been making some cool stuff and use the middle to 3/4 of the resolution bar slide. HIH tom

billp
07-30-2002, 09:23 AM
Larry. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Parts Wizard is capable of reading 3D files. For that you need Millwizard.They are both "lite" versions of Artcam products ( Parts Wizard/Insignia, Millwizard/Artcam Pro), but they each have unique characteristics. For true 3D you'll need Millwizard...Bill P.

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
11-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Are there any plans to take Partwizard to the level of 3D surfacing?

jkforney
11-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Sheldon
I think the answer is no. One reason the program is furnished free (for those that purchased a shopbot after a certain date) is that you can purchase the other ArtCam products and have a much lower learning curve. PartWizard has the same look and feel that the other ArtCam products. They just do a lot more.

John

billp
11-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Sheldon,
If you haven't seen it already take a look at Millwizard (www.millwizard.com). It's the 3D equivalent of Part Wizard, in that it has basic 3D functionality, and will generate both roughing and finishing toolpaths. It's major limitation is that you have to create the 3D toolpath elsewhere, or use one of the thousands of free 3D files available out there on the interent. So, like Part Wizard it's primary function is to create toolpaths... Plus , Millwizard is actually less expensive ($250) than Part Wizard.......

kerrazy
11-25-2003, 07:15 AM
Sheldon,
another inexpensive program is VisualMill it comes as a basic package for $900.00 USD and $3500.00 for the full blown package.
The basic package does a lot and would be quite suitable for for all our needs as shopbotters. The full blown version is more for CNC milling machines. Its version 5 is a full Cad/Cam system but could easily partner up with rhino.
If you need more info drop me an email. I just did training on it last week, so it is pretty fresh in my mind.
Dale