PDA

View Full Version : Help with PW

sleepy
07-10-2004, 08:10 AM
When trying to do tool paths Some of the fonts have small circles on them and the ouline is black instead of red like the others I know this is probably a break in the vector How do I fix this I use Corel to do my layout export out as a DXF and import into PW to do tool paths.
Any help would be appreciated
David

artisan
07-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Circles generally indicate overlapping vectors. Zoom in to your vectors in Corel and delete, trim or weld as necessary to clean up the lines to your liking. Of course, "convert to curves" before you begin working on your text....D

srwtlc
07-10-2004, 04:21 PM
David,

I don't use Parts Wizard, but I do use CorelDraw (v9) and I find CorelDraw to be a poor DXF exporter. I have had good luck exporting as a EPS. I think Parts Wizard will import EPS, but I'm not sure.

Scott

cedarknight
07-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Parts Wizard import eps well. I have had some problems too with CorelDraw exporting DXF's.

pappy
07-10-2004, 06:13 PM
David

You can do the same thing right in PW. You can zoom -in in PW and drag the nodes onto each other to complete the connection in the font.

Brady Watson
07-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Note that if you generate fonts in PW that if it is Bold or Italicized it increases the likelyhood of crossed nodes.

-Brady