PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Import

chuck_reid
05-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Guys,
I've began adding vectors to this simple block IU.bmp. I get this error message when I try to import it into Part Wizard;

"Invalid data/file version (Check which version of ArtCam created the data)

What did I forget? I have ArtCam pro 8.1 and the latest PW.

billp
05-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Charles,
If I read this correctly you are bringing the file in from AC Pro to PW2? If so, I'm not sure why you can't do everything you need in AC Pro...
Usually the message you got appears when a file is written in a newer version of the software, and then imported back to an earlier version. It will always work the other way, but not from newer, to older...
AC Pro 8.1 IS newer than PW2

chuck_reid
05-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Bill,

I was unable to get PW to recognize the original .bmp, but AC did.

(Still playing with the software...haha)

jay_p
05-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Charles,

If you have already imported the .bmp into ArtCam, why not do the toolpathing there? There is no reason to export it to PW2.

Jay

paco
05-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Charles,

PW doesn't handle image files such as BMP.

If you have AC, you don't need PW.

If you do not feel confident in AC yet, get used to PW than move over to AC after some time... you can have some fun with PW before making the plunge to AC PRO.

From the image above, something tell me that you don't need AC... just a feeling...

gene
05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
What is the latest upgrade for the prt alpha control software I have 3.4.23 . Is this the latest?
Gene

paco
05-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Link to SB control software (http://www.shopbottools.com/controlsoftware.htm)

gus
05-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Charles,

I have had the same problem come up here when I have tried to work with a file done on my PC in the office with ArtCam Pro on the laptop in the shop with PW 2. The problem is as Bill stated above. So I do not use PW for much of anything other than simple things in the shop. All the design and toolpaths are done in ArtCam Pro and moved to the laptop in the shop via the network. If you have ArtCam use it and do not mess around with PW it will make your life better. After all you spent all that money on ArtCam Pro you better learn how to use it. He He Trust me I know.

Ted

chuck_reid
05-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks guys..

I was just exploring the capabilities of my software and couldn't understand why PW was not working like AC. You're right Gus, AC and I need to spend more time together...haha
I refer to it as 'Protecting my investment'.