PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up hand drawings

daniel
07-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Hey Guys,
I just recently drew a palm tree and scanned it in. I want all the lines to be smooth as possible after I convert it to vectors. It seems like it would be helpful if I could somehow thicken up the lines while it is still a bitmap and then use the trace centerline function. Is there a way to thicken up these lines other than drawing over them with the mouse?
Maybe someone who is proffecient at this might not mind taking a look at my file?
Thanks again botters.

cedarknight
07-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Dan
I find it easier to import a scan as jpeg and them redraw over it with coreldraw. Then delete jpeg when done. That way you have smooth and consistant lines. When you use trace you have to edit the nodes. By moving, adding and deleting them, adjusting you lines they way you want it to look. I am still learning this. I am very good with CAD but Coreldraw works a little different. When I am a hurry, I take it in to our designers, who use Coreldraw all day. Good Luck.

srwtlc
07-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Daniel,

I use Corel to trace over jpegs using the biezer tool all the time. I've never gotten satisfactory results with the trace function. If you would like I can take a look at your file.

Scott