PDA

View Full Version : Enroute 3 or ArtCam Pro?

lpcsales
07-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I will soon be getting my PRT48 and have been exploring the option for software that will give me the capability to do 3D carving from scans, bitmaps etc.
ArtCam looks really good, but Enroute 3 looks like it will do the job also and being that I have FlexiSign Pro, I can get a $500.00 discount off of the much cheaper price of the software over ArtCam. I'm also not too happy with the ArtCam yearly $1200.00 maintenance program either. I'm leaning towards Enroute.
Has anyone had experience with using Enroute 3? Will it do 3D properly? Easy/difficult usage? Does it support the ShopBot? General usage..good? Bad?

Help please....

Dave

rick_d
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm running Enroute Pro and it seems just fine to me, but I don't have any experience with any other software for comparison. I bought it because my local tool supplier is a dealer for Enroute and he had a young kid who seemed pretty knowledgable, but the kid left and I'm kinda on my own now.
That might be the big advantage for Artcam. Since Shopbot distributes it, there are a lot of botters out there using it and therefore a lot of people to ask questions of on this forum. I think they probably both have advantages and disadvantages, but more people are using Artcam, so it may be worth the extra money.

Rick