PDA

View Full Version : Vcarve text

ljdm
02-16-2008, 07:59 AM
I understand about vectors self-intersecting with imported vectors, but when using ArtCAM fonts, get the same message. Are there any ArtCAM fonts that vcarve centerline without having to identify/fix vector intersections? I haven't tried ALL ArtCAM fonts yet - are there only certain fonts that work without editing?

cnc_works
02-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I've discovered no native Artcam fonts that need fixing. Probably 50% of Windows fonts need some kind of repair in AC, though usually only a node or two. The native AC fonts are the ones that come up at the first of the font list, maybe twenty or thirty of them, then the Windows fonts follow.

Are you manipulating the fonts in some way prior to tool pathing?

Donn

ljdm
02-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Nope. Just entering the text. Not resizing, moving, etc. That's with the TT fonts. Not enough selection of Artcam fonts, otherwise I'd just use them.

gerald_martin
02-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi Lou: I understand your frustration. I have found that the Vector Doctor feature can remove most loops/intersections. ArtCam is very sensitive to these irregularities. I've been told there are font editors available that you can fix this issue with but I've never gone there...that would be a big job, right?

My experience has been, as an ArtCam and Vectric products user, that VcarvePro seems to be less particular about this issue...

brian
02-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I've found most of the fonts seem to be doubled up.
I've had to go through,ungroup the letters and cancel the doubled up letters.

Brian

Brian Moran
02-17-2008, 03:11 AM
The 'special' ArtCAM fonts were designed to support single line engraving not for VCarving. This is why some of them have doubled up lines. For VCarving you should be able to use any true type font installed on your computer.

However some true type fonts will V carve very poorly if they contain loops and intersections that make no difference when printing but make a big difference if vcarving.

Brian