PDA

View Full Version : Converting in Part Wizard

Ken Strout
05-30-2002, 09:06 PM
How do you convert a Part Wizard File into A SBP file so that shop bot can read it whenever I try get Nothing.

toml@starband.net
05-31-2002, 06:55 AM
Ken

You actually don't have to convert anything. Just go to toolpaths and set up the order in which you want things cut. At the middle of the screen you will see three icons that are not very intuitive. One of them is for save to disk. When you save your toolpaths to disk they will be SBP files. I did notice that sometimes the program will put a .art ending in the save screen. Just change it so that you have the .sbp ending and all will be fine.

After you save the file make sure you check it with a text editor. The scond command should be a jog to Z of whatever you set as the min safe height. If it is a jog to zero the program has deducted the min safe value from all three axis. That means your part will not be cut in the right place. this could be something I am doing wrong - Shopbot has not gotten back to me on this as of yet.

jay_mack1@hotmail.com
09-24-2003, 11:44 AM
To ShopBot Tools:

I'm looking to purchase a ShopBot Tool here in the near future. Looking at Part Wizard Demo, the one thing I'd like to see added to the Part Wizard program is a way to save your work to a dxf file, to be edited in AutoCAD or such. I do commend you on the Part Wizard program, it works much in the same way that MasterWORKS works on our Masterwood CNC. Just would like to see this one little addition.

Thanks.