PDA

View Full Version : MDF Doors

coastalcarpentry@swfla.rr.com
09-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Is there software for raised panel MDF doors.

kerrazy
09-22-2003, 08:50 PM
you don't need to spend additional money on software for rasied panel doors.
All you nee is partswizard or something similar.
The beauty of MDF raised panel doors is the simplicity in just choosing the right cutter.

White has a cutter for raised panel doors that looks and works great.

By simply welding an arc to a rectangle you now have an arched rasied panel door that can be manufactured in about 3 minutes.
Flip it over and use a 1/2 inch or better end mill and pocket out the areas for the euro hinges. another 4 minutes and voila a raised panel door awaits.
The secret now is to apply a good sanding sealer for MDF and next paint away.

The only need in software may be to improve material efficiency by nesting parts but you could line them up pretty tight in partswizard as well.

Dale

coastalcarpentry@swfla.rr.com
09-23-2003, 07:00 AM
That Is the way I have been making MDF doors. But am looking for software to input door sizes and have the software optimize the doors for a 4x8 sheet of mdf and offset lines for the raised panel. I now use cutmaster for optimizing a sheet then export layout to Rhino then offset layout lines for raised panel then to vector and to the SB.

kerrazy
09-23-2003, 08:23 AM
I currently use profile lab, and it will do the nesting for me as well as render the design in a 3d form so I can see all the cuts.

It sell for about $1600 US with a trade in of vector.

davidallen
09-26-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm currently working on a program to do that. It's based on a utility that was developed by another 'botter. as soon as I get it finished and we can work out the details you should be able to get it from ShopBot.

if there are any 'features' you'd like included, let me know. it's much easier to make changes before it's written.

Ryan P
09-27-2003, 08:10 PM
I would like the software to have:
A tool library
A way to customize the offsets and depth for the different bits in the library.
Reports on number of boards needed, Square foot of board used
Import a door size list from excel
Export layout to dxf
Door styles ie. Arched top, cathedral

stickman
02-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Pictures of MDF doors...

Does anyone have pictures of MDF doors they've made? Stages of construction would be nice as well.

Thanks, Jay

weslambe
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Hey David,

You writing a program based on my excel spreadsheet?

davidallen
03-12-2004, 06:02 PM
I was. I've been busy working out of town. I've finally got my bot back to working after a move.

once I get some bills paid, I'll get back to trying to trying to get the business started again.

da

davidallen
03-12-2004, 06:05 PM
I was. I've been busy working out of town. I've finally got my bot back to working after a move.

once I get some bills paid, I'll get back to trying to trying to get the business started again.

da