PDA

View Full Version : How to taper text

nailzscott
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a project request where I need to taper the text from large to small - where the height of the left side of the text would be about 2" and the height of the right side would be about 1" and the length being about 20".

I have Partworks, TurboCad, and Aspire, but have not found a way to do this. I was looking at picking up a copy of Corel for this sort of process but was hoping that maybe someone would know of a method to accomplish this with my current software. Thanks.

ron brown
06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Here we go ... but in RHINO - this took less than 5 minutes - wrote in 'front' window; rotated in prospective; made flat file by projecting to surface; copy screen; took to 2 color with Irfanview.

I feel sure any good 3D CAD program can do similar.

Ron

scottbot
06-18-2009, 01:30 AM
I couldn't figure out how to do it in Aspire either.
It's doable using Photoshop but I think the text has to be converted to a raster graphic which makes it uneditable as text.

Scott

srwtlc
06-18-2009, 02:05 AM
CorelDraw's envelope function is about as quick and easy as it gets.

ken_rychlik
06-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Rons way works, but you get the slanted look. If you still need them straight here is a way, but it takes a little thinking.

After placing your text, right click and convert to curves, then you can figure a percentage of how many letters you have and your start and end points. After you have that done, click on each letter and apply that percentage to resize each one.

I did it in vcarve pro, but you should be able to do it in partworks the same way.

Kenneth

nailzscott
06-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the help. I was able to accomplish it with an open source free program called Inkscape. This program also lets me save files as eps, dxf's, and others. The Inkscape process took a little work to figure out, but I think I have it figured out now.
Thanks again