PDA

View Full Version : Cutting cabinet parts

terry
09-26-2004, 11:20 PM
One of the things many router companies focus on is the cutting of cabinet parts. Like most of you I've looked at Komo and Thermwood etc. and even if I could justify the cost, I don't want that much machine. The Bot is just right for me. But, I want to cut out parts for cabinet boxes with it. I want to cut dado's to connect the various parts, and drill holes for adjustable shelving. I use e-cabinets now and I like the program. Since it is produced by Thermwood they are not interested in hooking me up to run a Bot. Ok, I understand. Now that the new Bot has increased speed and production capability many other cabinet shops will be looking at how to go from e-cabinets printed parts list to cutfiles for the Bot. What suggestions do any of you have to do this?
Thanks,
Terry

kgomez1@lsu.edu
09-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Terry,
I am a small cabinet maker and am interested in a cabinet program. All of the ones I have looked at are just way out of my price range. Where can I find some more information on e-cabinets? I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. kgomez1@lsu.edu (mailto:kgomez1@lsu.edu)
Thanks
Karlo

eddygk@gmail.com
10-13-2004, 02:42 PM
You can get some fairly economically priced cabinet design and cnc software from Extreme Software. They have free eval software you can try. They're worth checking out if nothing else.

www.xpcnc.com (http://www.xpcnc.com)