PDA

View Full Version : Drilling holes w/ either VCarve or PW

brian_h
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm used to using Bobcad for 2D work with my other CNC. It's not easy to use for many things, but it's good for a lot of 2D cutting. With the SB, I have PW, VCarve, and Cut3D. I used Bobcad for one SB file and had questionable results on some arcs (compared to my other CNC). So, I'm a little gun-shy for using Bobcad with the SB (alpha).

So now, I have to do a simple cut file using either PW, VCarve, or Cut3D. I'm stuck because I cannot figure out anywhere where I can enter in exact co-ordinates of two holes I need. One hole is X12, Y1. The other is X12, Y10. PW shows me how to drill a hole, but I can't find anything to help me draw the hole exactly where I need it. Can anyone help me with this?

Brady Watson
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Brian,
Just sketch your circle anywhere on the screen and close out the dialog box. Then select the circle and click on the Transform tool. At the top make sure the center radio button (there are 5 of them) is selected. Then in the boxes directly below, enter the X,Y coordintes for the center of the circle. Rinse & repeat...Viola! Done!

-B

brian_h
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
OK, that makes sense now. Thanks Brady. There's a paradyne shift between the programs. In short, Bobcad marks drill points with "x", the other programs use "o".

Brady Watson
02-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Early on I bought BobCAD...in hindsight I realized that it totally messed up my brain. Now I do all my drawing (2D & 3D) in PW, ArtCAM or Rhino. I find PW superior to BCad in just about every way. I have yet to find a 2D shape that cannot be created or toolpathed in PW.

-B