PDA

View Full Version : Can I change the size of a probed file after it has been created

bahed
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I probed a 3-D item and I would like to change the size of it - basically change it in all 3 of the the X, Y, and Z axes. Can it be done and do I have to make all 3 changes the same - e.g. all dimensions 2 times larger ? If so - obviously - how is it done ? I have ArtCAM 9.021.

Also, can any other manipulations be done, say with the sculpting tools ?

garyb
03-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Stretching my memory going back to ver 9 but...Save as rlf.
Open new model, "rlf menu" import the saved rlf, options allow to rezise in height, width & Z.
Can be resized independantly or linked to maintain ratio.

Once opened as a relief all your normal relief tools can be used, sculpting etc.
If you need help converting to rlf you can contact me

bahed
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I appreciate the help Gary. The only relief manipulation I was able to do was to change the Z axis using the Relief... Scale utility.

A couple other Relief Tools that looked real promising were the "Relief Envelope Distortion" and the "Paste Relief Along Vector" - but all they seemed to do was to manipulate the vector outlining the relief that was created when I used either one of these tools.

I am basically trying to create a larger relief (R2) from a smaller relief (R1) by stretching R1 while having it constrained to the shape of the larger vector (V2) - which is very similar (but not an exact proportional scaling of all X,Y,Z axes) to the footprint of V1.

Clear as mud ?

Bye the way - I was at your ShopBot Camp that you put on in Derby... summer of '07... I think it was ? I learned a great deal. Will you be putting on another one anytime soon ?

garyb
03-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Bret, if you want to email me your file and let me know what size you need I will resize it for you or you can call me and I will walk you through it.
We try to schedule user group meetings every few months, over this winter we have been a little slack due to everyone being so busy.
Will try to have one in later part of April after tax deadline.

ljdm
03-29-2009, 01:44 PM
If you go to "reliefs" (in the top menus), "paste from file". There you can scale, move, rotate, etc, the relief in your model.

bahed
03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
If you wouldn't mind, I would love to walk through it - hopefully, really quickly. I am off to do a little sledding with my 5-year old. We got about 5" of snow here in KC. Let me know a good time to call later today and should I use the number on your web site ?

Thanks again for being so helpful.

garyb
03-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Yep that number is good. will be in the office the rest of the afternoon.

We got 5" of snow and 2" of ice, Pratt, 50 clicks west got 28" of snow

Lou you are correct ver9 from the rlf menu it was paste from file ver2008 it changed to import