PDA

View Full Version : How do I enable peck drilling in Parts Wizard.

toys
08-05-2004, 06:18 PM
I can't see the option for pecking during drilling like the instruction pdf speeks of.

Anyone know where to find this option?

paco
08-05-2004, 06:34 PM
I notice too... As in PW1 & PW2!!?? The software do "say" about it when ask help to show but there's no "peck option" check box. And it don't work automaticaly either (as to the step down cutter value. I'd need it last days and got to find another way; doing it "manualy"; creating 3 drill toolpaths, each one deeper from previous toolpath, through the material thickness. It work but...
Maybe Frank could join this thread... I just dicovered in the last days how he's good with thoses "problem"!

richards
08-06-2004, 01:30 AM
I use a peck drilling subroutine.

First, put some variables at the start of the program to make future depth changes easy. Next, every place that PartWizard gives a drill command (usually M3, X, Y, -Z), replace the command with a GOSUB PECK_DRILL. In the peck_drill subroutine, write your own code to peck drill.

If you haven't much used NOTEPAD or WORDPAD or Shopbot's Editor, brush up on the COPY command(Ctrl-C) and the PASTE command (Ctrl-V). Hilight the GOSUB PECK_DRILL command and press Ctrl-C to copy the command to memory. Use the editor's SEARCH command to find each drill command (I enter the drill depth as the search term), highlight the drill command line, and then use Ctrl-V to replace the line with the GOSUB DRILL_PECK command.

Example:
'Variables
&PECK_UP = 0.1
&PECK_1 = -0.25
&PECK_2 = -0.50
&SAFE_HEIGHT = 0.25
'
'PartWizard generated code
MS 6.0, 1.0
JZ,0.5
J2,0.0,0.0
J3,10,5,0.25
' Replace the next line with the GOSUB command
' M3,10,5,-0.50
GOSUB PECK_DRILL
J3,10.0,6.25,0.25
' Replace the next line with the GOSUB command
'M3,10.0,6.25,0.25
GOSUB PECK_DRILL
GOTO FINI
'
'
'
PECK_DRILL:
JZ,&PECK_UP
MZ,&PECK_1
JZ,&PECK_UP
MZ,&PECK_2
JZ,&SAFE_HEIGHT
RETURN
'
'
'
FINI:
JZ,1.0
J2,0,0
'End of program

toys
08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the code Michael, I guess I have another thing that I have to do manually.
So I guess it is not really built into the Parts Wizard program.
Does anyone know if it is supported in the $100.00(2.0) upgrade?

bill.young
08-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Hey,

I'm not sure if this will help, but if the holes are either in circular patterns or rectangular rows and columns then you can use the Drill Press virual tool in the Windows software to drill them. It lets you drill holes in multiple passes, with the bit pulling up to the surface between passes to clear the chips.

Bill

fleinbach
08-06-2004, 03:40 PM
I have 2.0 and cannot find it even though it says it's there. Also someone in another thread said the camera icon is supposed to be help videos. Well I tried that and it says to put in the CD but you still get no videos. I looked at the CD and it only contains 37 MB not enough for the program and videos to.

frank
08-06-2004, 04:04 PM
There was an editing error in the manual for version 1 that referred to peck drilling but that was corrected on page 158 in version 2 where it states that peck drilling is not available in Part Wizard. Sorry for any confusion.

paco
08-06-2004, 04:09 PM
AH AH!!!

Thanks Frank!