PDA

View Full Version : Error message about machining depth

john_how
10-15-2008, 12:41 AM
I was trying to create a toolpath along a vector that intersects two other vectors and I kept getting the following error message.

"Error, No toolpath created for current parameters. Check tool can fit into selected vector at machining depth."

The bit was a 1/16" carbide spiral downcut bit and the cut depth was .2". Partworks would allow be to create a toolpath for the intersecting vectors with the same parameters but not the common one.

It turned out that when I overlapped the other two vectors I was able to create the toolpath. I am completely at a loss to understand this though.
Can anyone enlighten me?

knight_toolworks
10-15-2008, 12:57 AM
overlapping may have been the issue. you could make a toolpath for each vector. you get those kinds of messages when there is a problem with the vectors. open or crossed or some other problem. but it is not always clear what it is.

john_how
10-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Actually I got the errors when they just touched. I entered these vectors by typing in the X & y coordinates so I know the where closed. They were individual vectors though. I was finally able to create the toolpath when I lengthened one to overlap the other. In this case having the overlap was not a problem but I imagine that it could be in some other part file. Well at any rate, I got the job done. And thanks Steve.

tim_mcknight
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
John,
I was getting the same error and figured it out. Zoom in as close as you can and go into node editing. You have a vector or two that are not closed or are extended past another vector. You must manually close the vectors in node edit mode and then do the vector close button and it should work, well at least it did for me.

billyp
02-19-2020, 05:26 PM
This may be an old thread, but it just fixed my ignorance today. Thank you!
When in doubt, look a whole lot more. I'm learning.