PDA

View Full Version : Designer with artcam experience seeking work

grant_bailey
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Hello to all. I am an independent contractor based in Houston, TX. I have been quite busy up until now, but most of my regular customers are off and running at this point. I love using ArtCAM and would really like to find some folks that need assistance with a little modeling or even entire product production systems. I have 6 years experience in CNC routing, 5 years experience with ArtCAM Pro. I am a certified trainer for ArtCAM products and can produce references and credentials upon request. Attached are a couple photos of recent work. Thanks for reading my post.

Grant Bailey
gobailey@gmail.com (mailto:gobailey@gmail.com)
(281)768-0216

joewino
06-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Exceptional work, Grant. There certainly can be no question about your ArtCam abilities.

My studies with ArtCam have a long way to go...but I'm having fun in the process. At some point I hope to be able to achieve your level, or maybe I'll just become a Wal-Mart greeter.

jhicks
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
very nice work Grant, we'll keep you in mind for future opportunities. You might contact James Booth. I think he works with artists on unique designs and sells files for/with them on his site.

donchapman
06-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Grant,
Aren't you the fellow who was at Wayne's Austin Camp ShopBot earlier this year?
If so, I was very impressed with your work and presentation and have no trouble recommending that ShopBotters find ways to work with you.

fleinbach
06-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Grant,

That is incredible work. I wish I had the talent to produce work with such intricate design patterns.

dubliner
06-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Grant, You are the MAN! sent you mail to Gmail, get it?? Neville

jhicks
06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Grant, what combination of bits did you use on that door panel? The crisp detail and delicate contours are super. If we asked you to duplicate a design with similar elements, how many bits would be necessary to achieve it?

grant_bailey
06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the compliments!

Raymond, I am familiar with and a big fan of your work so your endorsement is particularly meaningful to me. Something tells me you're not going to end up at Wal-Mart.

grant_bailey
06-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Jerry, James Booth and I are good friends and we are in contact regularly. He has sent some people to me for work in the past when he's been too busy to handle them.

I would be very interested in any projects you have coming down the line and appreciate your keeping me in mind.

There were four bits used on that panel, Jerry. The background was flattened using a 1/2" hogger, then brought to the edge of the design with a 1/8" end mill. The 3d portion was roughed with a 1/4" end mill and finished with a 1/16" ball nose. There's not any way I can think of to get away from using the 1/8" end mill to bring the flat area crisply to the edge of the raised design, and it's really not a practical idea to do the bulk of the roughing with the 1/8" mill or the 1/16" ballnose, so I think unless time is REALLY not a factor the minimum number of tools you could execute this with would be 3.

grant_bailey
06-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Don, I was indeed a speaker at Wayne Locke's camp. I am honored you remember me and would do my best to take care of anyone you sent my way. Thank you!

grant_bailey
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Frank, you are totally capable of producing work like what I've shown here. Find a client that wants it and we can work together to produce it! That's how a lot of my projects are handled and it can work out well for everybody.

grant_bailey
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Neville, I did get your email. Thanks bud!