View Full Version : TurboCAD/CAM V.2

evan
01-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm new to the CNC world, and am looking for software that will allow me to create 3D tool paths. I have TubroCAD V.8 and find it fairly easy to use. I also have used AutoCad2000 and think it is quite good, however with a much steeper learning curve. Has anyone used or demoed the new TurboCAD/CAM V.2? At $995 it seems "reasonable" for a complete CAD/CAM package.

rgbrown@itexas.net
01-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Evan,

I have been able to create any toolpath I need with RHINO and VECTOR. I don't know if TurboCAD/CAM does a true 3D path.

I suggest whatever programs you select, select programs that will do much more than you imagine you will be using. If you select a good enough program, you will not need to learn any "new" programs in the middle of a job.

Ron

evan
01-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Ron,
Thanks for the answer and advice.
Anyone know anything about TurboCAD/CAM V.2?
Thanks

artisan
01-13-2004, 03:42 PM
If you'll use the "Search" feature in the toolbar above, you'll find the posts related to Turbocadcam already on the forum. This may be helpful for you....D

evan
01-15-2004, 01:54 PM
I've already read all the posts 2002- 03. Just curious if anyone had any information more current. Thanks for the input. It seems everyone is using Vector & Rihno. I was just looking for an all in one package that works with SB that won't put me in debt. Oh, well. ;)

wdyasq@bigfoot.com
01-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Evan,

I know of no "All in one" package that are cheap. ArtCAM and some of the other high end packages generate code.

I am a firm believer in finding a package that can do more than you believe you will ever have need for and take the time to learn it.

I like Vector, Rhino and use the WinDoze viewer. I also use the TypeSetter program in the WinDoze version.

Ron

evan
01-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Appreciate all the info.
Thanks again

Evan

dmdraper
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Anyone heard any rumors to the effect that IMSI will offer a post-processor in TurboCAD/CAM for the Shopbot? The TurboCAD-TurboCAD/CAM package certainly seems like a buy compared to ArtCAM Pro.

Dave

gerald_d
10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
The last time that I looked at TurboCAD/CAM it had a facility so that you could write/define your own post-processor for any CNC machine. It really didn't look too difficult.