PDA

View Full Version : Creating VECTOR multi-cut-files

aplmac@sunbeach.net
06-05-2001, 03:56 PM
I need to cut 430 small square 'embellishments' for a client.
I have no intention on zeroing my little cut-file 430 times, in order to complete the task.
How do I create a Vector(.sbp)file that'll cut about 30-50 of these items in one long string, with the machine simply jogging from the end of one cut to the beginning of the new cut??

imserv@imsrv.com
06-05-2001, 05:20 PM
Make an object of one cut pattern(Change-Make Object), including the "Connect at Z". Then use Draw-Other Curves-Stack Object to make rows and/or columns of the same pattern.

Vector will automatically rapid between each one. Set your coordinate axis(Axis-Move) to the deepest depth of the object before you stack, as it assumes (possibly, in error) that you set your table to Z=zero. Then reset the axis after the stack, to cut the correct depths.

The other way is to Make an object like above, and then Copy-paste with multiple copies along the X axis. You can also do the same thing with an entire row or column to fill a rectangular area.

A Vector Object remembers the order of selection, so all you have to do is click on it and it will generate the CNC code in the correct order.